Data Federal is seeking a Receptionist to support our federal client in Salt Lake City. The Receptionist will be required at a minimum to perform the following tasks:
• Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
• Directs visitors by maintaining employee and department directories; giving instructions.
• Maintains security by following procedures; monitoring logbook; issuing visitor badges.
• Maintains telecommunication system by following manufacturer's instructions for house phone and console operation.
• Maintains safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Serve as bac-up to the on-site mail clerk
• Maintain office supply room, monitoring and recording as instructed
• Provide backup support to the Mail Clerk when needed.
Receptionist Skills and Qualifications:
• Telephone Skills, Verbal Communication, Microsoft Office Skills, Listening, Professionalism, Customer Focus, Organization, Informing Others, Handles Pressure, Phone Skills, Supply Management
• Modern office practices and procedures
• Standard office equipment, including basic computer hardware and software; keyboarding (computer and typewriter); and word processing
• General principles and practices of basic recordkeeping
• Techniques and procedures for quality evaluations of computerized images
• Alphabetic, numeric, and chronological filing systems
• Indexing and cross-referencing methods
• Business English including spelling, grammar and punctuation
• Business arithmetic to make addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division calculations
• Basic principles of customer service
• USPS regulations and policies
• UPS billing cycle
• Understand and follow oral and written instructions; follow prescribed routine and quality control standards and procedures
• Operate standard office equipment, including basic computer hardware and software, typewriters, printers, copiers, microfiches, and faxes, telephones, etc.
• Read and speak at a level necessary to understand procedures, policies, guidelines and operational manuals and to communicate information clearly to others
• Learn to operate and maintain a variety of photographic and computerized output and/or electronic imaging equipment
• Learn to perform simple mechanical functions to operate, adjust, and maintain a variety of imaging equipment and personal computers
• Mobility Frequently: stand for long periods, walk, push/pull, and bend/squat; operate keyboards.
• Occasionally: climb stairs
• Lifting Frequently: lift heavy objects and materials weighing up to 40 pounds Vision Frequently: use of good overall vision, field of peripheral vision, and depth and color perception; read close-up work; eye/hand coordination
• Dexterity Frequently: writing, reaching, grasping, holding and repetitive motion
• Physical Frequently: concentrate; make decisions independently. Occasionally:
• Environmental Frequently: exposure to indoor conditions
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Must be able to pass a background check and be eligible to work on a federal government facility.
Salt Lake City, UT
Job Reference Code:
DATA FEDERAL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER